Free Your Anxiety Free Webinar
Ashley James is an entrepreneur, coach and podcaster.
Her podcast is called Learn True Health with Ashley James and she interviews holistic health experts and doctors of Naturopathic medicine.
Through the interviews, her expert guests teach listeners how to gain health naturally through holistic medicine, diet, supplemental nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Ashley makes sure that listeners learn Natural Medicine Life Hacks for gaining energy, better sleep, a boosted immune system and an overall feeling of awesomeness!
In this episode we talk about how you can reset your neural programing with simple strategies. She discusses how we can be in a hypnotic trance (negative feedback belief loop) about ourselves and shares with us how you can train yourself out of a negative fear based belief system with simple techniques.
Connect with Ashley at:
Introduction and Ashley's Story.
Ashely shares her story about how she discovered a passion for holistic health and the healing arts. She also shares how she got into hypnosis and LNP and how she uses these tools to help people through simple mindset re-patterning techniques.
Seeing her mom build her own million dollar business she watched her mom sacrifice her health for professional success. This inspired her to live life differently and teach and inspire others to do the same. She first discovered naturopathic medicine when she was 6 years old.
Years later Ashley was later diagnosed with PCOS and was told she would not be able to have kids. Experiencing uncontrollable weight gain while she was both dieting and working out 5 days a week, she decided she'd have to go about her health a different way so she reconnected with the naturopath.
When her mom passed away from liver cancer, she looked for a deeper connection of healing for herself and was led to Landmark Education where she learned about hypnosis and Neuro-linguistic programming. She soon become an NLP practitioner and coach for other NLP practitioners.
She explains how when she came back to naturopathic medicine later in life the naturopaths would actually sit down with her and take the time to teach and help her understand her own healing process. This had such an impact on her that it inspired her to create Learn True Health Podcast and interview amazing naturopaths and other holistic health practitioners. From the guidance she received from naturopaths, she also was able to get pregnant and now has a toddler.
Some of my biggest takeaways from this episode include:
- Sometimes physical pain can be related to an emotional issue. Unresolved emotional issues can effect the body physically by creating a sudden decrease of circulation in the muscles.
- Listening to your body is key to health - starting with a food mood journal - helps develop awareness around how you are living.
- Sacred eating practices - eating with no distractions and/or with people at a dinner table in a relaxed state is key for proper digestion, awareness of stress and developing healthy habits.
- We are always in a hypnotic trance - going in and out of a hypnotic state - how can you bring yourself out of this state and into a greater awareness of yourself and outside influences?
- What's familiar does not threaten us - It's comfortable - this is how marketing works
- We can also be in a trance of negative beliefs about ourself - limiting decisions or positive decisions.
- Hypnosis can be a tool to connect with your unconscious mind and a tool to help others guide themselves.
- All hypnosis is self hypnosis - as a coach you can help people through positive suggestions but if it goes against your values you won't do it.
- If you're ready to stop being victimized by your past and you want to create the positive who you are in the now and shed who you're not anymore, then you are all ready in alignment with these changes and this is how hypnosis helps.
- The mind has safety mechanisms - example - the MK Ultra program ran by the US government in the 1950's.
- We have neurons that will create neural pathways. If you want to re-train a new neural path it's difficult at first, but can be trained over time with specific techniques.
- When we're rigid we don't have behavioral flexibility and disease sets in.
- The brain has the ability to re-wire itself - your default is no longer pessimism - those who have more flexibility in their behavior and there body they are better able to survive.
- Her course is a cumulation of everything she's learned and used with her clients since 1999 - how to make changes and re-train patterns
- Ashley teaches habit stacking in her course Free Your Anxiety - how to used old habits to make new ones - She goes over the role that anxiety and stress play on the body and how to turn off that stress response.
- When you're in stress mode you cannot think clearly because if you're in a survival mode you may die from overthinking it - but we have to differentiate when we're in stress mode and we're not in a stressful situation - This is a reason for road rage - She teaches you how to manage this stress mode response.